Why bother with Preventive Maintenance?
- Commercial HVAC and Refrigeration equipment will operate more efficiently and fewer hours per day. This results in reduced power consumption which in turn save money.
- Improved equipment lifespan. Delaying substantial equipment replacement costs.
- Reduction in emergency repair costs by identifying potential issues prior to equipment failure.
- Lower equipment failure rate. Frequent equipment failure hinders day to day operation.
- Savings in repair costs + energy consumption should more than offset the cost of the preventive maintenance program.
- PM customers receive priority service.
- PM customers receive priority service and are eligible for discounts.
Energy Saving Potential - Compressors
- Compressor designed to operate 10-12 hours per day
- Typically operating range of 3650-4380 annually
- Compressor run time increases up to 15-18 hours per day
- Operating cost increases to 5475-6570 hours annually
- Extra run time of a neglected system will be an extra 1825 hours a year
- Medium temperature 1 HP commercial compressor is consuming 2.0 -3.4 kW
- 0.10 $/kWh utility rate
1825 hrs/yr x 1.3 kw = 2,372.5 x 0.10 $kw = $237.25
What is the scope of work for a HVAC/R PM program?
- Check overall system operation: Temperature readings inside, along with temperature checks to discharge, liquid, and suction lines to and from the condensing unit.
- Further detailed inspections of the major sub-systems including the compressor, condenser & evaporator coils & refrigerant flow device control.
- Check for proper refrigerant level.
- Check system superheat and compressor subcooling.
- Verify thermostats, pressure controls, contactors, relays & defrost time clocks are functioning correctly.
- Ensure proper airflow by inspecting the fan motors of the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Inspect and clean all evaporator and condenser coils.
- Leak check system, inspect condensing unit, evaporator coils, and exposed refrigerant lines for signs of damage or visible signs of leaks.
- Check/clean evaporator drain pans.
- Check/clean the condensate drain lines.
Our PM program is designed specifically for customers and tailored to fit their equipment.
What Do We Find When Preventive Maintenance Plans Are Not In Place?
Before you do Away with Preventive Maintenance ProgramsRemember a detailed Preventive maintenance program will:
- More that pay for itself in energy savings
- Increase the lifespan of your equipment
- Reduce the total lifecycle cost of your equipment
- Reduce risk of equipment downtime
- Reduce the risk of product loss
- Increase indoor air quality